JOB OFFER — CHEF DE PARTIE
Ever fancied working in an extraordinary location in the Netherlands? Come join the V11 crew!
Check out the full job offers:
Ever fancied working in an extraordinary location in the Netherlands?
Vessel 11 is a multifaceted business on board an old British lightship permanently docked in the heart of buzzing Rotterdam. Our concept is a charming British gastro pub, live music and events venue with a relaxed, youthful living room atmosphere.
In addition to the daily restaurant and bar, we programme live music on a weekly basis and organise many public events; from vintage markets to festivals. Vessel 11 also hosts a wide range of private events; from birthday parties to business dinners and weddings. We also have the luxurious and extremely quirky “Hottug”, (a hot tub that is a boat) which we rent out throughout the year.
The ship is large, with 3 separate rooms inside and a further two large terraces outside on the deck plus a third on the land beside the boat. Overall we have a capacity of 180 covers. The ship is flexible and often has a number of different events running at the same time as the restaurant.
Our restaurant à la carte menu is seasonal and changes several times a year. For the private events, we have a snack/canapé selection and a walking dinner menu comprising of 5 bowl-sized courses. During the summer season, we also have a barbeque menu available for groups. As far as possible we use local & sustainably produced products.
JOB OFFER — CHEF DE PARTIE
• Cook position – the equivalent of a K.4 / K.5 / K.6 in the KHN staffing framework – the level will depend on the amount of experience of the candidate
• Up to full-time position (24-38 hours a week)
• The salary is in accordance with the Dutch CAO (Food and Beverage Labour Agreement)
• There are opportunities for growth & development within the job and team
• Manage with colleagues the kitchen crew in such a way that delivers a fast and high-quality service & maintains high morale within the team.
• Deliver a timely & high-quality service at all times while maintaining high levels of efficiency & productivity
• Monitor and maintain healthy labour and sales margins
• Collaborate with the kitchen team to support the creation of the restaurant and events menus
• Ensure compliance with the Netherlands Health and Safety Requirements
• Deliver a good service in a high paced environment
• Flexible and good attention to detail
• Preferably with formal catering training
• Recommendations to be provided
• Any combination of Dutch and/or English
• BHV, SVH & leermeester certificates are welcome, but not required
Interested? Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org