V11 MUSIC PROGRAMMER & PRODUCTION MANAGER
Vessel 11 is looking for a Music Programmer and production manager to take forward it’s cutting-edge programme. With over 70 concerts & dance nights a year, V11 hosts an ambitious programme focusing mainly on alternative pop while also presenting other genres such as hip-hop and punk rock. We put on a range of local, national and international bands in support of our mission to give a platform for new up and coming bands and contribute to the building of a diverse & high-quality Rotterdam music scene. Around 50 concerts a year are in collaboration with Rotown and the programmer works seamlessly with the Rotown team on this part of the programme.
The main responsibilities
Carry out the music programming for Vessel 11 including;
- Keep abreast of what is hot & up and coming in the music scene and selecting bands & dance nights for the V11 programme (this includes shows in collaboration with Rotown and independent V11 concerts & events).
- Book the bands including negotiating all aspects of the show with bands & bookers (gages, ticket prices & other pre-conditions etc)
- Manage the pre-production and production on the day including managing a pool of sound engineers, thereby ensuring smooth running gigs and happy bands.
- Maintain or improve on the average level of attendance for V11 shows
- Ensure the programme remains strong enough to attract audiences, even when bands are not well known locally
- Manage the promotion, including:
– Monitor the implementation of the communications plan and identify events which need additional promotional support. Decide & where necessary implement the targeting of that support to the most productive communication channels
– Write promotional material about upcoming gigs
– Update the website & announce shows on social media
– In collaboration with the communications staff at Rotown and V11 communications consultant make a plan for the promotion of shows to ensure the concerts are well publicised and well attended
– Attend V11 shows
- Support the development & implementation of Stichting V11’s mission including:
– Contribute to strategic thinking & decisions about the work of Stichting V11.
– Draft subsidy applications to source the financing for Stichting V11
– When requested attend the Stichting Board Meetings or meetings with other officials from the Gemeente and other cultural foundations.
Fluency in Dutch & English
This is a part-time position as a freelancer for an average of 32 hours per month.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 9 October.
V11 is also looking for a sound engineer to make our bands sound beautiful. We’ve got over 70 great gigs a year and an acoustically sweet venue! If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com Deadline for applications is 19 October. We look forward to hearing from you!